August Favourites



First off, let me say... HOW IS IT ALREADY SEPTEMBER?! Wow, that's flown fast hasn't it! It seems only yesterday I was getting ready to start the best summer ever and, now we're into September, it's back to school and work! Hmph:( Here are some things I have been adoring through the month of August...


 First of all is the Barry M Gelly High Shine Nail Polish. I got these in Boots with the 'buy one get the next half price' offer so I couldn't resist! I have them in the shades Lychee which is a gorgeous nude beige colour, Blueberry which is a very bright and bold blue colour, Prickly Pear which is a beautiful pastel purple colour and finally Guava which is a deep turquoise/ green/ blue colour! I love these because they apply really easily and are lovely and shiny and also very long wearing. I have worn some of the polishes for up to a week! 


My next favourite is a product by Mac. I am a huge fan of Mac, all their products are beautiful and last for ages. When I was recently in Chester I went into Debenhams and picked up a veluxe pearl eyeshadow in the shade 'Woodwinked.' It is a gorgeous copper/ brown colour with shimmer running through it (which is a personal favourite of mine!). I bought it for £12.50 which I admit is rather pricey but for the quality of the product I think it's well worth it! I have been wearing this eyeshadow so much in the past month and if you are debating on getting a Mac eyeshadow I say take the plunge and splash out on one because they are fabulous! 


Moving on, my next two monthly favourites are a couple of lip products. My first favourite is a Mac Cremesheen lipstick in the shade 'Creme Cup.' It is a beautiful pinky nude colour. It applies really well to the lip and gives a nice shiny finish. It looks especially nice with a tan and good for everyday wear. It also looks really nice with a smoky eye. Since I bought this product I have been wearing it daily, I just love it so much!

The next lip product is the Maybelline Baby Lips in the shade 'Pink Punch.' Baby Lips have been raved about so much on Blogger and Instagram that I just had to pick one up and try it for myself. And guess what?.. I love it!! It is basically a tinted lip balm. 'Pink Punch' leaves a gorgeous sheer, shiny, pink finish on the lips and it is perfect to wear on an everyday basis and if you're have a dry lip day. I am definitely going to be purchasing more of these because they are so easy to wear however I am probably only going to get the tinted ones because for proper lip balm I prefer the Nivea Essential Care lip salve. 



Next up, I have been adoring this Sleek blush in the shade 'Rose Gold.' I bought this from Superdrug for £4.49 which I think is a very good price for a good quality blusher. I love the packaging it comes in, it has a good mirror and isn't too big and bulky. The colour of the blush is a gorgeous rose colour with a strong gold shimmer running through it. It is very pigmented as well so you don't need much which makes it last longer. 


Next is the Real Techniques shading brush. I bought this from Boots for £6.99 and let me tell you, it is worth every penny! I use it for applying eyeshadow the the lid of my eye. It picks up a lot of product and applies it really well to the lid. I wouldn't recommend using it for the crease of your eye as it is a bit too dense for that. I am definitely getting more Real Techniques brushes to add to my collection because they are all brilliant and I love them:):):) 


My next favourite is a recent website/app I have just discovered. I guess Pinterest is a little like Tumblr only it has a bit more structure to it. If you didn't already know what Pinterest is, it's a website where you can follow people and pin their photos onto different boards your page. So for example I have 3 boards at the minute which are 'Hair and Beauty', 'Quotes' and 'Fashion'. I really like this website because it is a great way of discovering new products and I personally love reading all the quotes.
If you would like to follow my Pinterest I have put a link down below:)



Next is a music favourite. I am a massive massive massive fan of Bastille and I am just obsessed with their Bad Blood album. All the song on the album are amazing and if you haven't got it you are missing out so go and buy it!! My favourite song from the album at the minute is 'Things We Lost in The Fire.' 


My final favourite of August is a book by John Green called 'The Fault In Our Stars'. I read this whilst on holiday in Italy. The book was so good that I read it in two days, something I am really proud of! I won't give the story away but it is about a girl with cancer who meets a boy at a social group she attends. It is such a sad book but it really moved me. I am so so happy the book is being made into a film and I will definitely be reading more John Green books in the future.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the things I have been loving this August. So, what are your August must haves? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment