Italy




This summer I went on a lovely holiday with my family to Lake Garda in Italy. We stayed in a hotel that overlooked the lake and it had a huge swimming pool which we swam in daily. A lot of days were spent chilling by the pool, reading books and sunbathing but we took quite a few trips out too.

The top of Monte Baldo!

 Italian ice-cream is the yummiest!!!


One day we went to Verona, the city best known for being the place where William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet was set. Whilst here we went down a cute shopping lane however the shops were very expensive and overpriced therefore I didn't get much. However I did end up getting a shirt from Zara, some makeup for my penfriend and I, and then a few bracelets from the typical little stalls you get in Italy for my friends. In the evening we went to Verona Arena to watch some opera style singers perform. I have to say I don't really enjoy opera but the atmosphere of the open top arena with the stars and the moon shining down was incredible. 




Another day we took a day trip to Venice. This city is best known as being a lovers city. However I didn't really enjoy it. Even though it was a beautiful place, it was extremely over crowed, ridiculously hot and very overpriced. I am not a massive fan of big crowds so it didn't make the experience very nice for me. There were some good attractions though such as a huge church. I think if I were to go back I would prefer to go at a less hot and crowed time of year.




We also took trips to various resturants, castles and parts of the lake which I really really enjoyed. The 33 degree weather was lovely and I became quite tanned as you can see in some of the photos. The food was also very yummy and I love Italian food so that was a bonus! I would love to go back to Italy in the future and it was definitely a holiday to remember!




0 comments:

Post a Comment